[:en]If you have been planning on coming to Spain from the UK to view properties to purchase, then the wait is over.
Provided you have a valid negative PCR – fit to fly – test certificate, the good news is that those people who are interested in viewing properties with the intention of buying a home in Spain, will legally be allowed to enter the country from 30th March at 6pm.
The British government has announced that trips to Spain to view property to buy or rent, or to prepare a home to rent out, are among the valid reasons exempting people from the current international travel restrictions in place until mid-May, preventing UK citizens from leaving the country. You may be required to present further documentation on entering Spain – check details and download forms here.
This latest development is excellent news for those people whose plans to purchase a home, or holiday home in Spain have been on hold for a year during the global pandemic. It is also excellent news for the Spanish economy, as with only limited exceptions, only Spanish nationals and Spanish residents have been allowed to enter the country from the UK since December 2020.
Provided you have a valid negative PCR or “fit to fly” test confirming you are not carrying the PCR virus, taken within 72 hours before flying, and you have proof that you will be viewing or buying a property (from your real estate agent, lawyer or notary) or that you own a property you rent out – then you can travel to Spain imminently.
With light at the end of the tunnel, both the Spanish and British governments are doing everything possible to facilitate the return of British visitors and residents to Spain. Among the measures are:
– A Covid Safe Environment
– Free Covid Health Insurance Cover throughout Andalucía
– Restrictions still in place -social distancing, compulsory mask wearing, inter-provincial border closure.
– Businesses open longer hours – restaurants and bars are now open until 10.30pm.
– Curfew from 11pm to 6am
If you are longing to purchase or rent a property in the Marbella area, at NCH Dallimore Marbella we will be delighted to help you with your arrangements, including:
- Preparing you a portfolio of suitable properties
- Video walk-throughs of your selected properties
- Advice on accommodation for your stay
- Airport pick-up on arrival
- Scheduling your property viewings
- Providing in-depth knowledge and advice on types of properties, areas and the process of purchasing property in Spain
- Sharing our local knowledge & experience of the Spanish lifestyle
- Being with you every step of the way when you select your dream Spanish property and decide to buy.
We look forward to welcoming you to Spain soon – please let us know how we can be of assistance.